View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 12:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Daytona Coupe CSX9126/427 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Duane-Saw the poster, spoke to Tom about it over lunch today after dyno session. You might want to know he is still tickled by the fact you guys did that for him...meant a lot, I could tell. You should stop by sometime..he remembers you and said he hadn't seen you in a while. I also worked him over a bit trying to get him in the mood to join us for a breakfast or a dinner or something in the future. He was open to it saying what a good group of guys it is, etc. I planted that seed..somebody needs to water it.

NEW BUILD UPDATE: Arrived at Tom Lucas' shop 10:30 this morning to find Maurice's silver bullet Kirkham parked out front. He joined Tom and I and we went to Comptech to witness the final dyno pull of the Daytona's 427W. After looking the motor over and all in attendance being dazzled by it's polished beauty, lol, John from Comptech came in and fired her up. He let her warm for 3 or 4 minutes..motor settled into a nice cadence as she woke up and then once he felt she was warm enough for a pull Tom gave John the go ahead to let her rip. Sounded great, performed great. We were 3 hp down from yesterday's showing and Tom thought the motor might not have been as warm as yesterday thus oil a bit thicker. Motor gave a 608.8 top number at 6100rpm today. Power will grow a little bit as the motor breaks in and loosens up. I couldn't be more impressed and pleased by the motor Tom Lucas, FE Specialties, Citrus Heights, CA built for my Daytona. It's 30+ hp more than expected though Tom says the AFR 205 heads he prepared are very nice and likely the reason the motor is so stout.
Bummer of the whole deal though was my camera could take neither stills or any video of the event. It seemed to act as if it was taking photos, flash working, etc., seemed normal but was not responding to commands in video mode. There is nothing on the SD card at all. I have the dyno printout and tried to scan the sheet onto the same SD card and my all-in-one fax/copier/scanner says it doesn't see the card. So...until I try another SD in the camera, I don't know at this point if it's a camera or storage problem. Sure would have liked to know I had a problem before it was too late to miss out on getting some recording of today's dyno session. Would have liked a visible memory. Not the end of the world but...
So I scanned the dyno printout to a Zip drive, transferred that to my laptop and tried to upload that to my photos here but I'm being told the file size is too big. Anyone know how I go about paring the file size so it's usable here?
My motor is good to go, that's the most important news of the day.