Thread: Wiring harness
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 07:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Wiring harness

With the engine finally in its new position, I think it's about time to consider beginning to wire my car up. Going to be another steep learning curve for me

Just wondering what you guys think about kits like this? Are they good value, are they safe (not going to catch fire)? Do you have any other suggestions/recommendations?
Parts For Hot Rods - 21 Circuit wiring harness

My engine (LS2) appears to have most of the important stuff/emissions controls on the engine loom, which plugs straight into the computer. The computer then has another huge plug going into it from the body loom. I'm thinking I can take the computer to have the security disabled, cut the body plug of a wreck and just wire in what I need for the computer to run the engine. Then use a loom like this to complete the rest of the electrics, without trying to adapt a whole VE body loom to the car.

I'm thinking that a kit like this would not be a complete kit, and I'd still need to make extra looms for things like starter relay, horn, headlights ect. Sounds like a few trips to jaycar or something will be in order...