View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 06:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #428, Ford 427- 535HP, TK0-600
Not Ranked     

I happened to see a local car show going on when driving through my little town in my daily driver. So, I stopped and was looking the cars over and struck up conversation with several car owners. Mentioned to one owner that I had a Cobra and he said I should bring it up to the show. I have never really wanted to show my Cobra, just wanted to enjoy driving it. I don't really like drawing attention and often just drive it on back roads and try to avoid driving through town for that reason. But, it was a beautiful day and my wife and kids were off shopping so I decided to go home & bring it up after a little coaxing. The show had been going for a couple of hours and there was an hour left when I came with the Cobra. The Cobra was an immediate hit as soon as everyone heard it turn the corner. There were about 25-30 really nice and CLEAN cars there. My Cobra had dust on it and I'd probably driven it 6 or 7 times since I cleaned or even vacuumed it. Well, at the end of the show the organizers of the Cruise-In came over the PA speaker and thanked all cars for coming and said they had one trophy to give away for "People's Choice" and the winner is the 1965 Cobra! I totally didn't expect it especially showing up just an hour before the cruise inn was over. Not sure I'd ever do it again, but I am glad I went. Goes to show how much these cars are loved