View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     
Default Still kickin

It's been a long time but I got back to work on the car a little today. Had a long break due a swimming pool and self-performed landscaping project.

Installed the street hood. Too late I realized I would have to pull the radiator closure plate back off to get access through the nose to install the hinge bolts into the hood with the hood laying in the closed position. At least the exansion tank clears by about 3/8 inch. I wasn't sure it would.

Installed the side louvers. These stupid things were the hardest part of the car to paint and try to get a smooth finish. Finally ended up color sanding and polishing out by hand. Of course on the passenger side I had to dissassemble the wheel well to get it in. Another episode of backwards assembly. While I was in there it looks like for a street car, my headers may angle down a little more than sidepipe cars and there is enough clearance for a future project to modify the battery box to drop it down a little lower to a more stock location and so there is better access to the top of the battery.

Trial fit the Trico washer bottle. I got this from Mickmate. It's a correct bottle but the top is a little different from the originals. But, hey - it's a replica so close enough and it has the nifty Trico decal. It clears the hood latch, starter relay and footbox in what seems to be pretty much the stock location so this looks successful. I thought I would have to relocte the relay to the stock position on the fender well but I think I will leave it for now.

Next - install some carpeting so I can hang the doors in position and work on covering the back bulkhead in vinyl. Also, need to change the oil to get the breakin oil out and install the oil temp sensor in the pan.