View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
The additional pieces and work quickly eat up a lot of expense - wheels, tires, shifters, exhaust, body work, paint, misc accessories, etc. A lot of what kit you should buy is dependent on what your interests are and how you intend to use the car. If you get hung up on being a purist and decide to pursue originality in form and function to the ultimate - you are going to need to look a select few, fairly expensive fabricators. If you are more into a custom or hot rod approach with the Cobra body style and not hung up on origiinality then you have a lot more choices. If you want to compete the car on the track then that may direct your seach in another direction.

If you can fill in some particulars on your interests these guys can give you a lot of advice.
Just reading through quickly and will respond again tonight. I am not a purist. I just finished my 1968 convertible corvette and I built a beast of a 350 running straight side pipes. This car has been my weekend warrior for a while - I will be selling it off to buy the cobra kit. Its just that I have more and more questions. Like what to upgrade, what to buy and when to buy it really. Which kit offers the best support and which has the most detailed hand holding type directions. stuff like that really