View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
I agree that the asking price does not set the value. Just pointing out an indicator of which the asking price is an indicator. If they start changing hands at those prices or near those prices then you have value. Further, with the current price increase a Shelby aluminum rolling chasis at $160,000.00 putting a completed car at $210,000+ this is likely to drive the value of existing used and immediatley available aluminum Shelbys higher. Can't say for sure but it certainly seems logical and reasonable to conclude this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Gee, simple math seems to indicte that being that you won't be able to even buy a rolling aluminum chasis for $150K that would be a great price. Maybe you should buy it at that number if he will sell. You could make out or if he is smart he should hold out and wait for the price increase and he is likely to get his price or close to it.

I already have one. I'm saving for another FGT but they keep going up in price. but its not all bad since I have one.
I'm staying away from the "other" discussion, since that is a red herring.

As for Shelby pricing, as you know, the roller pricing of any manufacturer will likely affect the pricing of all the other manufacturers. The Kirkham's were planning an increase too and, IIRC, Superformance has recently increased their roller price as well. The laws of economics control the free markets. I personally think Shelby has reached the point where their market is maybe a few small select "drunken sailors." No really, I think the market is very thin at that level, if there even is one. Plus, you have to wait more than a year to get it?

And there are several alloy CSX4000's running around on the market for way less than $200K like these two examples ASKING about $170,000-$175,000:

Shelby Cobra For Sale - duPont REGISTRY

I'm a subscriber to Keith Martin's Sports Car Market magazine, which reports auction prices from around the world for all sorts of marques. And I can't remember too many alloy CSX's trading above $150K. I just got my new issue, so maybe they'll have one or two in it this issue and I'll get back to this thread with that info.