Old 08-16-2013, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
True. We don't know for sure but logic would seem to indicate that if the cost of a new Shelby alloy rolling stock chasis is $160K the value of existing well finished aluminum Shelbys would be in excess of that number especially when the time tables for delivery of new rolling stock is a year to 18 months out.

As long as there is sufficient demand Shelby will build cars. Admittedly demand is limited to a very narrow niche market but if they are selling new aluminum rolling stock and there are buyers at $160k, there you have it. Values have gone up on alloy continuation Cobras as completed Continuation Cobras are clearly $210K+.

Don't know much about CSX4371 (will look in the Registry) however, it clearly didn't sell at $130K nor at $189k. Now when the cost of just rolling stock hits $160k seems like that $189k price is more attractive when you will need another $20k on top of the $189k to finish new rolling stock priced at $160k. My view of it. When the cost of new rolling stock was $140k that $189k seems a stretch.

Bretewing: Any time you want give away and get rid of all that signed Shelby "crap" just PM me and I'll pay the shipping to my home. Glad to help.
While you may not see the value in a CSX rolling stock at $160k I'm willing to be there are those that will. When every agrees with you the prices will drop. When there are people that see the value and buy the price will remain and increase until that plateau is reached at any point in time which is always subject to change as markets do either up or down.
Any time a replica gets over 180k it is time to look at a Ford GT, why in the world would anyone pay that much for a car that does not do anything very well other than trying to kill you? My GT will analiate any Cobra on a road course including mine with the ac on and the windows up. Those folks interested in attention would also like that factor as well compared with a Cobra.