View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
While no one is perpetrating anything and while you are clearly entitled to your opinion it nevertheless matters diddly. I refer you to the new World Registry of Cobras and GT40s. You do have one don't you? Furthermore you will find Kirkhams as accepted (or as you put it "perpetrated") by SAAC as genuine Cobras. It's all in there. You just have to read to escape ignorance.

At $175K that car is IMHO a bargain with new aluminum rolling chassis hitting $160k.
This was stated by 1ntCobra on another thread. I think it's fair statement.

"Although the Kirkham is in the SAAC registry, at some point I got the impression it is more there to keep track a car that can easily be confused with a modern day (or even an original) Shelby Cobra, then for it to be there to acknowledge it as a legitimate Cobra. So even though Kirkhams are in the registry, that does not really do much for me."

I have a registry- one of the first ones with all the ORIGINAL/GENUINE Cobras and Shelby mustangs in it. Although I have not had the need to reference it in over 20 years I don't recalL Kirkham being in it. Not sure because it has been some time as stated and with hundreds of hand-written notes in there....and you know the binding(good job SAAC) was useless so most of the Cobra stuff became loose.

I mean they are not original/genuine so why do some have to explain what they have is original/genuine by all these terms. lol

Last edited by OnyxRider; 08-17-2013 at 10:18 AM..