View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra #3170 View Post
Any time a replica gets over 180k it is time to look at a Ford GT, why in the world would anyone pay that much for a car that does not do anything very well other than trying to kill you? My GT will analiate any Cobra on a road course including mine with the ac on and the windows up. Those folks interested in attention would also like that factor as well compared with a Cobra.
Because the original series Cobras are selling for way more starting at at least $500K. When you can still buy a continuation Cobra for several hundred thousand less thats why they sell and guys invest $100k++ in the Shelbys. Plus while the FGT is a superior car performance wise as you would expect it to be for many reasons the Cobra is a special breed and has a special appeal that has transcended generations. Would I love an original, you bet but am I happy with my Continuation Series Cobra?. You bet especially since they are clearly holding value if not increasing. Its rare you can actually buy something you love, drive, use it and see it maintain the initial investment if not return more and provide an opprotunity to do more so in the future.

Rodknock: Of course. Its axiomatic that demand is a key component in setting market value. Thats a given.