Old 08-17-2013, 02:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Because the original series Cobras are selling for way more starting at at least $500K. When you can still buy a continuation Cobra for several hundred thousand less thats why they sell and guys invest $100k++ in the Shelbys. Plus while the FGT is a superior car performance wise as you would expect it to be for many reasons the Cobra is a special breed and has a special appeal that has transcended generations. Would I love an original, you bet but am I happy with my Continuation Series Cobra?. You bet especially since they are clearly holding value if not increasing. Its rare you can actually buy something you love, drive, use it and see it maintain the initial investment if not return more and provide an opprotunity to do more so in the future.

Rodknock: Of course. Its axiomatic that demand is a key component in setting market value. Thats a given.
You are dreaming if you think a continuation Cobra will out pace a Ford GT in appreciation over the years. If you want the Cobra experience then it would be very smart to buy a Kirkham, they look great, are mechanically sound, and do not cost 200k. Buying a continuation is a real gamble because they can always make more if the demand is still there as others have noted. There will be no more original/real Cobra's and there will be no more Ford GT's.
People interested in Cobra's are generally older and like them because they remember the legend. These folks will eventually be gone so why would the prices continue to go up? Remember what happened to the classic cars when the people that loved them began to die off? I know that sounds harsh but I am getting very close to that category myself.