View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 07:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

VOTE 1. Kirkham..

Hell, I will join in...

I think I would stick with my decision to buy a Kirkham.

Maybe a little biased as I already have a Kirkham, but money did not really come into my decision making.

I saw the Kirkham at SAAC a few years back - and sat in one playing with steering, seat adjustments etc - thanks Jamo..

I was talking about buying a low # Shelby COBRA CSX and had the option of an early low # Cobra CSX car at near $1,000,000 or a Shelby continuation at just over $100,000. Neither were seen as an investment, but rather something to own and use.

Completely side tracked in my decision now, I ordered a Kirkham when I arrived home.

Those around me at the time suggested I would probably drive my Kirkham more than a low number CSX original car etc.

Knowing I was side tracked and looking at Hertz cars, GT350 Mustangs and CSX Cobras it was suggested just buy something.. "you will drive and use"

With a GT40, a Mustang convertible etc. in my garage, I did not feel bad about leaving the old CSX Cobra there or the continuation CSX there also, for someone else to buy.

Mmmm and actually, just maybe, I let the new purchaser watch either of them depreciate in value since. No doubt it will increase in the future...

Anyway, my point is, I am glad I purchased the Kirkham saving $900,000 as my wife has a "tit for tat" mentality and would go out and buy something of $1,000,000 value for herself..... It's only fair she would say...

So thank you Kirkhams for my Cobra and for the $900,000 I saved and the additional $1,000,000 I saved if Anne went for a similiar spend. Oooops.. ..that is a $1,900,000 nett saving.

Yes smart decision for me..Vote 1 Kirkham for me.

Now that's smart purchasing, better than my business decisions of late ..

Think I have convinced myself of this anyway..

My point is, I purchased what I wanted and dollars didn't really come into the decision. It was not a savings decision - although my wife would have had some fun spending up..
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 08-18-2013 at 08:19 AM..