View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Here's CSX4390 with aluminum body and a FI Kroyer engine sold by the AE Collection here in CA. The AE Collection sells really high end low mileage cars that they don't keep in their collection. Last asking price was $150,000. Sold for $138,000:

Shelby : CSX Cobra CSX in Shelby | eBay Motors

For posterity here's the verbiage w/o the history lesson:

"Numbered CSX4390 and complete with a Shelby American VIN plate, this outstanding 1965 Shelby Cobra was sold new for $250,000. Finishline Motorsports of Las Vegas built it, with power delivered by an awesome, fuel-injected 427 alloy V-8 built by Kroyer Racing Engines, also of Las Vegas, the famed off-road racing experts. Highly desirable features include a lightweight aluminum body, unlike the cast majority of fiberglass-bodied Cobras, d bumpers, front and rear jacking points, side pipes, wind wings, and a driver’s roll bar. Pro-built, it is sure to deliver an incredible driving experience with truly brutal performance, channeling the legendary original with the benefit of today’s refinements and new technologies."

Normally, I wouldn't be impressed with a engine builder's name such as Kroyer, but I believe ERA Chas mentioned he knows the name and thought they were a top-notch engine builder.

So, new alloy CSX rollers are allegedly $160,000 or you can pick up a very nice nearly new (1,100 +/- miles) alloy CSX with a FI engine for $138,000. Hmmm.

Last edited by RodKnock; 08-19-2013 at 02:26 PM..