View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 12:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Changed out the break in oil in the motor today and also installed the oil temp probe in the oil pan. Not sure it's working though as I didn't see any gage movement when I restarted the engine. Possibly I didn't run the motor long enough.

Replace the leaking 3/4 brake master with a 7/8 master cylinder - but that's addressed in another thread.

Noticed my fuel pump was leaking gas under there. Apparently I only thought I had tightened the nipple for the incoming fuel line so at least that was an easy fix.

I can see I have one brake fluid can leaking. I sucked the fluid down in it and will try to pull it off next week and re-seal. Two out of three holding brake fluid is decent luck I guess.

Also found a pin-hole leak in the soldered flange of my radiator expansion tank. I bought it used here on the forum knowing it might be a mistake. Guess I'll see if my local radiator shop thinks they can re-solder this small area without any difficulty. If not then ERA will be getting some more business.

Worse than the above so far, I rubbed the back of my hand against the forward primary header pipe feeding oil temp probe down there and it came back covered in black powder. I took a paper towel and rubbed the header pipe and bare metal showed up. I guess the ceramic coating has failed for some reasons. It's the only one I see doing this so far. I may be able to remove that pipe (front - left side) without having to dissassemble the whole exhaust system - probably not that lucky however.

And my charging system still refuses to charge. The angry red light continues to glow.

Couple steps forward and a couple back.