View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 05:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Thanks Craig

That at least clears up the ADR timing history but what's in a number ehhh - 00 - 01 whatever lol

And can't agree more, I'm running the AUII motor and would have loved the stroker but they were still pretty recent and quite expensive when I built let alone being able to source one.

I'm hoping the free engine rebuild I got care of Shannons will have made the world of performance difference when I finally get to kick it in the guts.

Black scoring on all the journals was not a good sign and the stock car was written off after side swiping a pole and bending the car. The owner was clearly doing a bit of road & drag racing.

And as to the AU ecu's, yes they were a right ***** to fix in the early years but time and necessity has provided a raft of simple solutions to get around the security issues now.

Again I was lucky in striking that bloke that worked as the Ford development engineer, he just fired up all the old company equipment and did a factory number on my ECU for me, deleting all the security measures.

What you can do with the right gear and knowledge.

This is probably how they fix them all now - ha!

LukeM as said, go the AUIII stroker engine if you can get your hands on one, even the Ford boys thought a lot of these motors.

Cheers

Slo

Last edited by stephen low; 08-27-2013 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: wrong name