CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my beloved Shelby CSX 4068, Gessford 427 Ford
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc30 View Post
Then why does this gauge sold by Pegasus say:
0-15psi Fuel Pressure Gauge, 1/8 NPT

An accurate gauge makes it easy to set your fuel pressure regulator. This 1.5 inch diameter liquid-filled pressure gauge can be mounted in the engine compartment to monitor the operation of the fuel pump (and regulator, if used).

Also, the isolator is designed to be used when you have the gauge inside your cockpit, right?
That one apparently is designed for that use. Most are not.

I know or have heard of four separate occasions where a gauge failed. Two resulted in fires.

Go ahead and put one in if you think you need it. You might want to add a fire extinguisher if you don't already have one.

My fuel pressure gauge is in the dash. I have a hard time seeing one that's mounted in the engine compartment from the drivers seat in my car.

edit - Yes, the isolator substitutes anti-freeze solution for gasoline in the connecting line, so it is safe to penetrate the firewall. If you used one under the hood and mounted the gauge remotely, it would allow a failing gauge to seep anti-freeze instead of gas, too.

Last edited by DougD; 09-04-2013 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: forgot to answer question