View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 01:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     
Default WANTED: Sell me your used side pipes!

(January - putting the feelers out again in case there are any pipes laying around).

One of the benefits of having an early Cobra replca is the ability to fit a big block and working side pipes, so it seems only fair to head down that path...

Does anyone have any old traditional shape side pipes that they wish to sell? With so many flash Cobras being built/rebuilt/personalised I hope someone might have an old set that were in need of some TLC and that might have been removed for a shiny new chromed or stainless set.

I think that a shiny new polished set of pipes on my car would stand out like t!ts on a bull, hence my desire to get something more in fitting with the "just finished an endurance race in 1965" look that I'm aiming for (comp screen, big block and decals to follow).

Pipes must be working, or able to be modified to suit. Correct appearance, preferably 2" primary but a minimum of 1 7/8". Flaked HPC or scratched is fine, as they'll be rubbed back and given a lovely coat of Matt black and a bit of instant patina.

Please PM me and I'd be keen to chat to see what you have.

Cheers

Last edited by 750hp; 01-07-2014 at 12:47 AM..