View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
I would happily join in a heart beat, but for the small matter of not being able to justify 2 cobras to the household minister of finance.
The longer it doesn't sell... The closer I get
Jus' saying.
Dimis, you're only young once...

This is a beautiful well-sorted car with something incredibly rare in Australian Cobra circles; it's a virtual prototype from one of the most highly regarded US manufacturers, it has an authenticated history going back over thirty years, it has been carefully and sensibly updated over the years, its a proven competitor in clubsport events over its lifetime, it's a warrior not a trailer queen, yet it's presented in absolutely stunning condition -- in short, it has history, provenance and heritage.

If Dick were ten years younger there's no possible way in the world he'd be letting this treasure go.

Sure, there might be some heartburn in the Dimis household initially if this highly desirable car should find its way into your garage, but ask yourself this, bearing in mind you're only here once, -- what's worse? A short period of discord that will settle in no time? Or a lifetime of regrets knowing that you missed out on a fabulous piece of Cobra history?

The wife of a Queensland Cobra Club member laid a similar line on me a few years ago when I was torn between chasing my dream of owning my own car, or living vicariously through my son's cars. She basically said time's running out -- just do it or you'll never forgive yourself!!! I took her advice and every time I see her, or look at my lovely old Arntz, I thank my lucky stars she figuratively shook me by the scruff of the neck and urged me into action.

Mate, you have the opportunity to be the next guardian of what would be a car unique in Australia, so if you want it....well you know the rest...

Signed: Don Marsh
Marriage Counsellor.

Last edited by Donunder; 09-29-2013 at 12:41 AM..