View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 05:50 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by blykins View Post
I'd hire Ron to do that. Ron, you reading this?

I have a tremendous amount of email on a POP3 webmail interface that I would need to either forward, or more, or do something with.....
When I dumped my optonline.net email account and started using my old hotmail account I had several thousand emails on their server. I went out and downloaded "Seamonkey" (think old style Netscape type browser with an email program imbedded). Configured the mail program, and downloaded everything off the server (I kept them on the server as well) and on to my local system (all emails in all my folders, now saved on my hard drive).

Not difficult to do, and the added benefit is you can mirror your old emails on each computer (I have them on my laptop, and my desktop server at home). Renaming the account later on and changing the email address is as simple as can be.......

Hope you find this helpful as well. Ron might have an even easier way, but this is what worked for me.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS