View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

$100.00 each way for a car trailer seems way to cheap .last time I raced down tassie it cost a hell of a lot more than that to get the tow car and trailer across now I know im talking both tow car and trailer but it was no where near 200 bucks each way taking both into account . mind you that was a long time ago maybe things have changed .

but all that aside you are right in his approach too selling his car I have had no further contact from him the lack of pictures was disappointing tho . heck who doesn't like looking at cobras no matter what stage of build they are :-) . maybe he has decided a mainland buyer is more hassle than he is prepared to deal with who knows .

I am not in a hurry and I am sure there are more unfinished cars sitting in sheds at various stages of completion that pop up from time to time . I know when I had to sell mine when I got divorced it took ages to find the right buyer . that aside on car sales I think last time I looked there were 27 cobras listed aust wide and some of those have been on for months .
one I enquired about has been on nearly 12 months nice looking car as well . so that tells me either of two things people don't have the money to outlay on a nice but expensive toy to have or the cars are overpriced to start with and the owners are not willing to negotiate like everything for sale something is really only worth what someone else is willing to pay regardless of what it's cost you to build I know this from racing motorsport for the last 30 yrs .
hope you all have a great day
regards dean