View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have great stories with Cozy, however the 160 with Beck was in a powerboat. We never made it to Naples. He had time I think his tour was going to Texas and then jumping all round.

Miles Collier has sold more than bits and pieces over the years. I remember when I found out that Briggs sold his entire collection. I thought he was selling just one or two, maybe the Royale and the next thing I know it's all sold. Miles (Sam Collier) and Briggs had a great history, however so did my grandfather with Briggs. They use to fly my granddads Mustangs (and later Sabre) off the estate property. They all use to race on the property as my great grandfather did. I think Collier's was Overlook in westchester. Colliers dad had over a million acres in Florida at one time.

Well I blew something in my head the day I found out Briggs collection was sold. I didn't have the funds at the time like my grandfather and he had almost unlimited funds. He would have purchased everything if he knew about it.

I believe the Royale was sold right off the bat by Collier. Registries don't tell everything that is why I make comments about them. Miles Collier has sent many cars to shows and his name is kept out of it many times.

Ron Kellogg of California I think purchased 5 or 6 from Collier and has since sold those.

If anyone wants to know I can post info.

Three cars I was interested I never purchased for one reason or another. Back in the late 70's early 80's was when my interest peaked in these.

1) The turd Fiptop Cobra
2) A Daytona Cobra.. had a chance from Shoen and then that Soprano @$%#@ in Westcheter had a sign on his Daytona don't even ask. I asked and he didn't take it seriously. I was 19 or 20 at the time. Next thing I know there was a trade with Strauss with that god aweful brownish GT-40 that I had my hands on at an earlier time. He screwed up on that one.

3) Scarab.. oh I had several chances, even the man that restorated the original Scarab trailer(later Cobra) ...I had the chance. Even Collier's scarab I discussed purchasing it from his collection. Not sure of the status of that one. The orginal frame was burned or damaged and had a replacement frame on it. It was trashed maybe 2 -3 years ago in California in a vintage race. Not sure if it was rebuilt yet with original frame.

Anyway if you want to know about a particular car from Briggs I might know about just ask.

Peace

Last edited by OnyxRider; 10-02-2013 at 06:44 PM..