View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 02:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ram
Not Ranked     
Default Rest And Be Thankful Tour

Last Sunday I took part in a small 'warm up' event with The Cobra Drivers Club in Scotland. You simply become a member by taking part in one of there touring events.

Their inaugural weekend will take place at the famous Goodwood Circuit next May, but this little 'tester' I took part in was absolutely fantastic.

It was open to all original and replica Cobras, Sunbeam Tigers, GT40s and Shelby Mustangs. And we were even joined at one stage by a gentleman driving a 1963 Formula 2 Lotus race car – What a great combination!

We started at the Deanston Distillery, where breakfast was included and we took a driver's briefing. Then we embarked on an 85 mile scenic tour over the Dukes Pass and along the banks of Loch Lomond, arriving at the spectacular Glen Croe. Here we took part in high speed hillclimbs on the precipitous 'Rest And Be Thankful' course, crossing the finish line to a round of applaus from the spectators at the top.

Then we went on a fast, twisting Highlands road where me and my co-pilot NIk, gave chase to the famous 1964 Le Mans AC Cobra Coupe (chassis A98), to the beautiful Inveraray Castle where we were treated to a 3 course meal. All culminating in speeches and a prize-giving ceremony, in the company of friendly, like-minded enthusiasts.

Here's a link to my Flickr gallery where you can view a few images taken during the event:

The Rest And Be Thankful Tour - a set on Flickr

If this low key tester is anything to go by, I just can't wait to go on the next outing.

Last edited by blip; 10-03-2013 at 04:53 AM..