View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 10:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 Cobra
Not Ranked     

Yes, I believe I could do it for around $350. The issue is you can always take two guys that do the same project and they will just about always do it different, so the cost will be different. For example it you cut the carpet in another order than I did it may take more or less. It you use other brands in insulating pad it could cost more or less. If you pay to have binding sewn it would be about $40 more.

This is how I would break it down:
CARPET
I bought 7.5 yards. A 5 yard roll and a 2.5 yard roll. I payed just about $29 a yard plus shipping from ACC Carpet.
I used just about 4.5 yards for the interior, including having to re-cut two pieces I made mistakes on. I have not done the trunk yet but I beleive I can do that with 1.5 yards for a total of 6 yards. So about $175 for carpet plus shipping.

INSULATION/PADDING
I used Ez-Cool on the back bulkhead behind the seats and the drivers firewall and right side forward of the tunnel for the sake of room. I used Bonded Logic everywhere else. Ez-Cool is now $33.50 plus shiping out of Springtown Tx. The cost of Bonded Logic is about $60 for a roll from JC Whitney. Get it on one of their sales for about $52 delivered. So about $87 plus some shipping. But consider this gives you far more than you need, enough to do two cars.

CONTACT CEMENT
I used about three quarts of DAP Gel contact cement. It's cheaper to buy a gallon for about $30.

BINDING
If you are going to do binding you need one yard to match your seats and dash. It ranges from $18-$40 depending on where you get it. I paid $18 plus shipping. Then you will have about $40 cost if you have to pay someone to sew on the binding.

One other thing. I used Ez-Cool on the back wall because where the back wall comes close to the top side curves of the body it may be tight depending on how you did your build. I put a 3/4" spacer between there when I was glassing those together so I had room to slide insulation and capet up under there.

Hope this helps. If you want to talk on the phone send me a PM. I would like to know how your build is going.

"Everything is alive. If you get angry at a vehicle or the trans, it won't fix until you apologize and say you are sorry." "The vehicle always knows what it is doing and what the cause of it's bad feeling is. If you ask it humbly what the problem is, it will tell you. Then you and it will both be happy."

Gil Younger