View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 11:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2769 Roush 427R Dart Block
Not Ranked     

I read only part of this thread but wanted to state that you all must know that there are NO Roush parts on these Roush motors. They are simply Dart blocks complete from dart with AFR heads labeled with the Roush name. They won't tell me who made the cam but I assure you Roush didn't cut it.
I have a Roush 427r with 24K miles and am currently having a lifter issue....several have bad bearings and I am changing them out. If Roush engines are bad then any Dart block motor with AFR heads is the same.

Smedding and many others build the exact engine with the exact block, crank, rods, pistons, and heads...they just don't say Roush on the valve covers. Maybe I've had good luck till now, but for now it's just a new set of lifters. And yes, mine has burned a quart of oil every 500 to 1000 miles depending what type of roads I'm hot rodding on and that is very normal on a 10.5 compression engine.

Maybe I missed the boat somewhere in the 10 pages of Roush trashing but I just wanted all to know Roush doesn't actually make anything on these engines...they just bolt together everyone else's parts just like everyone else and charge 2K more...I did 7 years ago and would probably do it again.