View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Tom,

Welcome to the forum. Back in 2001, I was living in Detroit and was going to buy and build a FF Cobra (Mk 2 at the time). I bought the instruction manual, specced my car out with the parts/motor (460 big block) that I wanted, and I made friends with several guys in the local Cobra club who were in varying stages of FF builds from just receiving the kit, to bare chassis to completed cars.

Unfortunately, I placed that project on hold due to budget constraints, but mid last year I was in a position to build one. So I researched the local Aussie Cobra market and Harrison seemed the way to go. I know a guy who has built one and is currently building another. I considered DRB (just couldn't like the errr, rear end), and CR.

But then I learned about the Pace 427SC. I liked everything about it from the physical offering of the kit itself to the intangible offering of support/knowledge from Craig White (owner of AP). Pace have spent way too much time on the body (gorgeous shape) and it is dead straight, the chassis (all-alloy unlike most others including FF which is steel), pin drive wheels so you get the real deep dish wheels, the all-new parts, Australian design and compliance and the overall quality is simply to die for.

I ordered my Pace 427SC last October and she is ready to deliver as a rolling chassis (just have to give Craig my final payment early next week)! Your lead time to acquire would be faster than mine was as they were still developing the car when my deposit was received.

I spent time with Craig and his dad Barry at Motorclassica last weekend and you should have seen the sheer quantity of onlookers who were blown away by the car. They were very impressed with what seemed like everything about the car. In fact, I stealthily listened in on some conversations and I didn't hear one single criticism from anyone.

I realise this sounds like another 'Pace love fest', but there is a reason for my support. I'm not a rich man by any means and I am investing a LOT of my money with AP to get this car (errr.. dream). I feel good knowing that I am getting a fantastic quality, gorgeous looking next generation AC Cobra replica that is Australian made and supported. Check out the Motorclassica thread for pics I took.

As has been mentioned, take a trip to AP and meet Craig and the guys, and have a look at the cars (including Brads which he is building there). I believe you'll quickly be sold! I haven't regretted my decision one bit or wished I'd ordered a different Cobra (well, the alloy bodied Kirkham is purdy, but she's out of my price range!)

Last edited by Paintwerks; 11-02-2013 at 01:42 AM..