View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 01:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The very best oil, best value for money too, in my opinion is the Penrite Pro gear 70.
Its the one oil I have found that works the best in Tremec 6 speeds.
I consistently get awesome feedback from customers when I upgrade their oil from the crappy Dex III to the full synthetic Penrite.
It fixes the cold baulking issue, it eliminates rattle when hot, provides super smooth shift feel and after tear down and inspection it has proved how superior it is in protecting the synchromesh cones and gear contact and bearing thrust areas in the race car. So much so that we have zero failures due to excessive heat created by standard oils breaking down under arduous conditions allowing metal to metal contact to occur thus creating even more heat and eventually leading to failure.
It provides all the benefits of running a heavier weight oil without all the problems associated with running thicker oil, like cold shift baulk, hard engagement of gears when cold and poor oil flow cold.
Its a full synthetic esther based oil with excellent additive pack to combat corrosion and wear and best of all is SHEER FREE. which means it will not break down, even under the most extreame conditions of circuit racing and has extremely high pressure additives to prevent metal to metal contact of components under extreme conditions. Sheer free also means that you put it in as a 70w-75 weight oil and it'll drain out as a 70w-75 oil even after a full season of racing!! Others will go in as a 70w-75 and may come out as low as 0w-20 after the gearbox has SHEARED the carbon molecules of the oil and separated their carbon chain or molecular composition and broken down the oils ability to maintain viscosity and ability to protect the gearbox adequately.

Penrites Pro gear 70 is VERY well priced and very affordable and exceeds any other moderately priced oil in its ability to perform.
Don't get me wrong their is better oils on the market but the price of these oils is somewhat prohibitive and their availability can be difficult at times.
Oils from Royal Purple and Redline are on the same playing field as the Penrite (after analysing independent testing done on these oils) yet they can be from 2 to 4 times more expensive per litre.
A chemist I use to test my oils even remarked at the numbers the Penrite oil achieved in his testing. He was sold instantly on the brilliance of Penrites gear oils to perform and said that he had only seen two other exotic oil blends in his time that had compared or exceeded the Penrite oil. That was enough scientific evidence for me.
Real life evidence is witnessed when draing the standard Dex III take a look at the magnet on the drain plug... you will be sure to see plenty of evidence of wear in the fact that heaps of tiny metal filings (and sometimes bigger pieces of gears or bearings) will be stuck to he magnet. Run the Penrite in there for the same time and youll see the same magnet will have NO metal attached to it at all.... That's proof enough I think.

Now don't think that I work for Penrite, I DON'T... But I am huge supporter and ambassador of their products and I stand by them in everything I own and its the only oil I use in my customers cars. I know the guys at Penrite and have built a fantastic working relationship with them over he years and became their premier workshop after dealing with them, repairing their own vehicles and promoting their product without any prompting. They even made me come to one of their sales meetings and talk to their national and international sales team about my passion for their oil and the reasons why I use them. So like I said there may be some oils on the market that perform a little tiny bit better but for their cost prohibits their day to day use. Value for money, bang for ya buck the Penrite Pro gear 70 is my choice for the TKO 6 speed gearbox everytime.
Try it for yourself and you will see..

Here is a product spec page: Penrite Oil - A Better Class Of Oil