View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Dugly,
As long as it is sized right, it ought to be as good or better than a fuse protected switch.

So far you haven't mentioned what might have caused the fuse to blow. Keep in mind that there may be more to this job than just replacing a blown fuse.
Thanks for the info on the circuit breaker type.

Yes, I have thought about what caused the overload. So far I cannot identify when and/or how the fuse failed, there was no time when I had the lights on that they failed. It's a mystery to me. The last time I drove the car at night the lights worked fine. The next time I tried to turn them on they wouldn't work....hence, this dilema. I am confident I can get the fuse and/or the entire headlight switch replaced, but as for chasing down the cause for the fuse blowing I think I'll take it to the shop that rebuilt my alternator...they did such a great job on that and I have no doubt they will do an equally good job of chasing down the problem.

Of all the problems we have with these cars....electrical always seems to be the most daunting

At least I have a starting point...I think I can get up in there with a dental pick and pry the old fuse out witout breaking the glass tube. Getting the new one in may be a part-time career....we'll see, I guess. I have an electrical shut-off on the battery, will make sure I have the electrical system inactivated before I start probing around up in all those wires.

Thanks, again, all! I'll keep you posted, for sure!

Cheers!!!

Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!