Thread: Fng
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler #1185029:383 Stroker SBC
Not Ranked     
Default Fng

Just posted below on the Club Cobra Introduction forum and was advised to post here also for better chance of obtaining info.

Hello Everyone,

Greetings from Canada's East Coast.

I have been hanging in the shadows here for some time because, although I bought a Cobra in August, I haven't driven or even laid eyes on the car yet and was hoping to do so before introducing myself. Looks like that is not going to happen any time soon so will jump in now hoping to get some info. from members in the Arntz/Butler Forum. The car is a Butler (BR 1185029) first registered in 1986- I believe in CA. I purchased the car from seller in ON who bought it last spring from a 20+ year owner in FL. I wonder if there is anyone who may know who built the car or if there is some way I may be able to find out as I would like info. re. motor mods etc.

Previously I’ve been into motorcycles. Getting older and fearful that a day may soon come when I don’t feel so comfortable on two wheels. Hoping that this car will make that day a little easier to take.

Talking to friends since I bought the car I have been surprised by how many of them categorize Cobras as muscle cars. The emphasis seems to be on acceleration times and horsepower here also. I always thought of them as street legal race cars (ie..road course, the way Carroll raced them, not drag strip).

Bean