View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2046; P.E. Aluminum 427 Windsor.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF1061 View Post
Jim, I have the Pro 5.0 and it is an improvement over the stock TKO shifter. I would spend the extra $150. and get the whole package. What is your rear end ratio? I originally ran .64 with a 3.73 rear. The final drive ratio in that combination was good for highway cruising, but that was about all that was good about it. First gear was useless and the rpm drop between 4/5 took the engine way out of it's power band. I switched to a 3:27 rear gear at the same time I went to the .82 and I love this combo. Highway cruising rpm are not quite as mild as before, but it's fine, about 2600rpm at 70mph with 295/60/15 rear tires. Everything else about this combo is way better than before.
My rear end ratio is 3.73 also, and my rear tires are 295/50/15. I agree that first gear is useless when you stomp on it; it just sends the tires up in smoke even after you're rolling. The acceleration in 2nd and 3d though, is phenomenal. l am worried about losing that if I change to a numerically lower rear gear.
I think you're right about having the Pro 5.0 included in the deal. It makes good sense.
Thanks for your help.