View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF1061 View Post
Well my car was in the shop a lot longer than expected sorting out a Roush 427R rebuild that would not stop drinking oil. All good now. Regards the Liberty High Performance Mod on the TKO 600. YES! This is the best shifting TKO I have ever put through the gears. Excellent. Dennis test drove the car and he commented that it felt like the shifter was being sucked into the next gear. Highly recommended.

Guys, you are just kidding yourself if you think throwing money at a shifter is going to fix this problem. This is yet another Tremec design screw up that needs hard parts internal to the transmission to correct it.

The fix is not expensive. The results are stunning as SPF1061 has already told you. Liberty took a lot of effort to diagnose and redesign the problem Tremec pieces. If you want to fix the problem buy the parts and put them in. If you are concerned about the complexity have Liberty do it for you.

If you want to continue to post threads asking what shifter to buy this week, skip Liberty's fix and buy a shifter - you'll be happier. Even better you can start another thread about which shifter to get next to solve the 2nd to 3rd shift problem after you install your new shifter.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.