View Single Post
Old 03-27-2002, 12:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to hdheritage97
Not Ranked     
Default Turk

F**k what everyone else thinks, it's your car and it should be what you think it should be. I have a TP in my car and it's pretty awesome. Yeah, it has it's troubles, kinda hard to get it up my driveway but it's well worth it. I can't speak for anyone else, but I bought a Cobra because I wanted a fast car, not a car to drive around at 20mph and whine about it's low end performance. I recently had the car up at Cobra Automotive to have the carb changed and the car tuned, as well as a bunch of other work. While it was there, they had a Twin Turbo Kirkam there, you probably saw it recently on E-bay. Anyhow, when I showed up to get the car, they told me they had a time getting it jetted correctly, they changed jets like 4 times, but once they did, it really came to life. They told me that in their opinion, it was just as much the animal as that Kirkam. I of course can't confirm that, I didn't drive both cars, but they aren't the types to throw around BS. I'm running a single 4, a 750 Holley DP, solid lifters, Unilite, and 10:5 to 1 compression. My cam specs are 280-290 Duration, 579 Intake and 605 Exhaust. It idles around 1000 rpms but it sounds so awesome...lol. The heads are bone stock, no porting work. I run it on pump gas and it fits perfectly under my hood with a Turkey Pan on. I too had all the other manifolds for it but I wasn't sure any of the others would clear the hood and the people down at E-M couldn't tell me anything either...not that that's something new. I even had a manifold that was set up for 58mm Webbers OR a Hilborn FI. I had considered having it set up with the system that Imagine Injection sells but I wasn't that into spending 6 grand on my induction so I sold the manifold on E-bay.

I have no idea what kind of HP it's putting out but I can say for sure, the car flat out runs. Right now I have the rear out and I'm changing from 3:89's to 3:50's, I don't like to have my rpm's cranked up there needlessly. I have a guy up the street that's dying to race me as soon as the weather breaks. He has an Olds 442 with a 350 Chevy that's blown. He's claiming 600HP but I'm not too afraid....lol. I'll be sure to let you know how that turns out but as far as the TP goes, I say have at it and enjoy, just hang on tight. if you care to discuss it, you can call me anytime at 845-496-7350. Good luck and I'll be watching this post closely...lol.

Cliff