View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 12:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #100 under construction
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hodgson View Post
Finilec has been around since the 70's, it was the original repair in a can. A lot of mixed reviews but most guy stayed away from it. Stories like it eats previous repairs/patches, doesn't last or doesn't work when you need it. Tubed tyres were still very common then and i think a lot of these issues with it were in these.

Just have the tyre stripped off the rim and cleaned out when you get it repaired.

Who's the rubber grub here - Rog246? He may have a view on it.
Oh Yeah I gota view on it !
Can't really express it here though...... I'll most likely be banned for life
Here's the thing, would I use it ?
Only as a last resort, and I do mean only as a last resort. In most instances it absolutely roots the inside of the tyre if left in there-so if you need to use it get it stripped off and cleaned up as fast as you can-try not to leave it overnight if you can help it. I've seen rims absolutely stuffed by some of them that seemed to have a very acidic component to them-it also stinks to high heaven a bit like real sour milk & of course it is, by its very nature sticky. I think most of them have a very high latex base, which makes sense when you think about it, runny & sticky & stinky all at the same time.
If you use it be prepared to pay extra to get your rim & tyre cleaned up.
All that being said they probably have a place in the world-just not mine.
If I had a teenage daughter I'd likely have 2 cans in the boot just in case she got stuck somewhere, and I'd put up with the mess, but you do that with you girls, If I had a son-different story .

Harrison #100