View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 03:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: was b&b i 2000/ now shell valley
Not Ranked     

Thanks for all of the info and suggestions everyone. RICK LAKE, my name is John, sorry I should have signed a post with it. Heads are box stock fast as cast trickflow 170s (which flow number like the afr185s because of valve placement...I think) and the intake I currently have is the performer. Nothing is port matched at this time. I keep rethinking my decisions with all of the input. In the beginning this was going to be a good solid street motor to run on the hotrod power tour in 2014...just a well mannered streetable and dependable engine while I got seat time in my newest cobra until I could save up to build a stroker. After a phone from a friend last night I am considering going with something like an extreme energy comp cam with the 1500-5500 power range. That would give good torque down in the driving rpms and hold them pretty well to 6k. I am even trying to decide if it is worth the extra money to go roller cam or just stay flat tappet. I guess my thought is if I build the engine to live in the 1500-5500 range I could just port match my heads and intake, match a nice bump stick for the rpm range drop on a 650ish vac secondary carb and enjoy the car. Truth be known my racing days are past me. I built a B&B in about 2000 with a roller 302, b303 cam, trickflow heads, RPM intake, 600 holley carb and was very happy with that car. I am in hopes off a noticable power increase with the same ease of driving. Sorry to be so long winded.
Thanks,
John