View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 04:38 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
I thought that remark was mostly about trying to erect and snap down a fitted top in cold weather but I could be wrong. I guess the same would apply to fitting a new top.
Four or five years ago, I decided to put my top on and go for a ride when the temperature was, maybe, in the low 50's -- I guess the car and the top could have still been in the high 40's from the overnight. Now, on a warm summer day, my top fits pretty well, as Jack at ERA fitted it for me (see this tweak thread: Soft Top - ISO the Perfect Fit, or Just a Decent One... ). I still remember that day -- it took me about 20 minutes to get all the lift-a-dots fastened in the cold, maybe more, and my thumb tips throbbed for days. A cold day, and a nicely fitted top, do not go together well. Yes, there is a technique with the lift-a-dots to get them to go over the little spikes easier, but your fingers soon go numb, regardless. Oh well, it is what it is.