View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 10:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Slow down. I am no expert. How do I check crankcase vacuum??? It has a PVC valve, I will check if it rattles. What else do I do. I am open to everything!

As far as bearings I wanted to replace and orderd them and after many many people they all said it waste to change not my problem. I pulled a main and rod and like everything else they looked perfect. The new bearings are sitting on my dining room table.

No doubt the Rv was set to low to begin with, set to high now but progress was made.

Last mystery is the flutter at 4.2krpm. I agree there is a restriction but where??????????

This engine and car is identicle set up as my last one, except single plain intake. Same gauge location. I used stand alone gauges to verify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Clayton View Post
You had no comment about my suggestion that you may have a venture effect where you are mounting your guage????????????????

Have you checked crankcase pressure/vacume for the possible effects of pressure differential causing the lower reading at the 4k?

And about your comments about the water temp thermostat--------if you (and others) weren't removing so much engine temp from the unnecessary oil cooler, the H2O wouldn't be so wacko--------

We have been running some engines with dry sumps and crankcase vaccume pumps pulling so much crankcase pressure out that the oil feed pressure goes to less than 5 psi because of the differential ---------

Why haven't you changed the bearings while you had the pan off----------proper bearing clearances is number ONE item in any list chasing oil pressure problems----------