View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 03:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 650hp and 600 ft of torque

750HP If you are looking at higher than these numbers, I would look at a quick change rearend. If this rearend has 30 spline stub shafts and you watch the abuse, it will hold. You didn't say how much booster you are looking for and tires you want to run. 1 thing missing is a carrier cap support cover. This has 2 clamps to support the carrier caps inside the center section. If you have a booster controller to not allow the banging problem to the drive train. I would go with this rearend. Still no slicks or 5,000 rpm hole shots. What clutch are you looking at? This is also a BIG thing. IF the clutch has no slip in it, It will short live the rearend. Is the Clutch disc have a spring hub? This helps control shock loading of the drive train. I have been running the same Jag rearend for 15 years in auto cross and track racing. Controlled driver will extend the life of any car or parts on the car. I did loss a stub shaft bearing at 4 miles when new. My 482 is in the 600/500 torque to hp range. I did goto a street twin setup. Its soft on the drivetrain but does lock it up good. Last notes, what the ratio in the housing? If it's a 2.88, It will not last. I like Cobra #3170 have been running a 3.31. IMO this is the best ratio for BBF cars. Is the stock posi in this or a locker. That stock posi will need to be blueprinted and clutch packs setup tight. There are 4 different carriers for a Jag rearend. What trans are we going with?? Some one put some good coin into this rearend, see if the cost is worth it? You are looking at about 3G's for a rebuilt jag rearend with a 30 spline setup and solid rotors and calipers. That setup in front of you is about $1,500.00 alone. You gave no price on this. Good luck with your choice.