View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Had to Christmas shopping wtf!!! what about me!!! LOL

To remove the oil filter manifold adapter and screw a filter on the block would be beneficial but way to much work and not a permanent resolution since I have to use a tiny filter.

New path forward is get 24" piece of 10AN braided hose and fitting and plumb from remote oil filter bracket/ holder back to oil filter manifold. If that works it is a permanent solution and it bypasses the oil cooler (which is bypassed) (4) 90 degree fittings and 72" of 10 an braided hose.

I agree 12AN is the ONLY WAY to have an oil cooler. I have no desire for an oil cooler as I block them off. If the aforementions work I will have an oil fooler have the look without the price!!!

I really have no concerns about the drop to 52 psig as I have been intimate with this engine and it is pristine and through my endless testing have run the living sheet out of it. In addition I know for a fact I am not pump air either another concern.

Found out my oil temp gauge doesn't work, I thought the oil was only getting to 50C but when I put the sending unit in boiling water it only showed 50C!!!! I have no doubt it been getting to 100C.

Once I get the correct motor mounts I can really run it thought it paces. Hit 120 accidentally as I was staring my plethora of oil gauges in third running up to 5500 rpm. that should probably stop.

Did some quick pressure drop calcs using water and just straight pipe. 12An is the correct size which at 8 gpm has a velocity of 7.87 ft/sec which is what you usually size lines too. 10AN is 11.86 ft/sec. pressure drop was 4.1 psig for 10 vs 1.33 for 12 AN.
To convert to 12AN from filter mount to remote filter mount and back is $165.93, to just run a 2 foot return from remote filter to block with the existing 10AN is 61.97 since you only do one side. fittings are expensive!!! If you are doing a huge round trip to cooler and back you have to use 12AN for a quick reach around you can probably get away with the 10AN.

All my calcs were straight pipe with no bends modeled with water not oil.

Last edited by madmaxx; 12-14-2013 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: deleted my intoxicated comments