View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Paint:Metalflakes Royal and Abalone stripes registered in France in 1973. Engine: Ford Shelby aluminium block, 482; two 4-barrels 600cfm Holley; Edelbrock Performer Aluminium heads,,fluid damper,4-speeds Aluminium Toploader (short), 2.88rear
Send a message via Skype™ to BOURRET
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
I agree with you all and I am thanking my lucky stars it wasn't as bad as it easily could have been.
Mickmate - Re: the BF Goodriches - useless tires for drag racing, but about the only tire I've found hard and tough enough to take the abuse on some of the rough, potholed roads down here. Having said that, I genuinely wonder if a better set of tires would have made a difference in my ability to keep control in that same situation - Heaven knows I tried.
I do not know if my tyres are easy to buy on your side of Atlantic ocean but when I equipped my Cobra with "Michelin Sport Pilot", I discovered a big difference in behavior of my Cobra (a great improvement) on wet or contaminated surface. My Cobra became almost as efficient as a "normal car" to keep contact with the road in adverse conditions. They are costly but long lasting, with an excellent pattern. (but these are not the ones I use for racing: on dragstrip, I use Hoosier).
In France, your body injuries would cost you nothing (we have a 100% national general insurance health coverage ) so, in my country, it costs more to get a car repaired than an human body repaired Get well to be able to dance on the New year celebrations!!!