View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     
Default Kaspersky Internet Security software

BLOWS! Got to be the worst software on the market. Not only does it refuse to work, it killed my system.

I have been using KIS for a few years. My license expired, so I renewed. After two weeks of frustration, I couldn't get the new software to accept the new key code. Tried it on 3 different computers, too.

I contacted Kaspersky tech support. Their advice was RTFS, re-boot, and good luck.

I demanded a refund, which I got.

Then I un-installed the software, and that's where things went from bad to worse.

Now I don't have a mouse, and none of the keyboard windows commands work. The computer will boot up, but I can't access the system or any of the programs.

There are multiple fixes available. Kaspersky has a web page dedicated to this problem. They've know about it for years, but apparently refuse to fix it.

I have tried recover, disc restore, windows fix, even purchased commercial repair software. None of them have helped may. Today alone I'v wasted 3-4 hours trying to fix this. All to no avail.

I guess I'll take it in to a shop later this week and pay some one to edit the registry and get it fixed.

KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY BLOWS! whatever you do, don't buy it. You will probably regret it. I know I do.

Kaspersy Internet Security and Kaspersky antivirus have done more damage to my system than any virus I'v ever come in contact with.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto