View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Neutral     
Default A further small update to end 2013

A small teaser guys of further limited progress on the car.

All focussed on getting the loom respliced and re-laid out but as usual this involved side steps making bits.

I ended up remanufacturing my reversing light mounts and making up some loom blanking plates to retain wiring grommets but am happy with what little has transpired so far. Seems life continues to get in the way.

Anyway I am now ready to resplice the loom where it was cut near the rear cabin bulkhead as seen in the follows pictures.

Boot loom leading to its exit point

Then one of the loom plates, this at the rear of the boot. I found it easier to mount the wiring grommets into SS plates and simply tap the thick fibreglass and screw the plates into place on the fibreglass.

I did take someone's advice and run the rear loom down the top inside of the transmission tunnel. This is the left wire bundle the, right is the engine spaghetti. This will work well as I have hanger points for fuel down the tunnel and can zip tie the loom here.

A broader view of the wiring arrangements.

Wont get back to this work now for another 10 days after I get our National championships out of the way in WA. But I've a further week off once I get back and I expect to at least have the rear loom fully repaired.

Have a good Boxing day folks and I'll raise a glass to you all twice on NY eve. The first time will be at 9pm to celebrate the real Melbourne NY and then at WA midnight time.

If any of you WA cobraphiles are about and down Melville Water way on the Swan, I'll happily shout you a beer and have a chat at Perth Dinghy sailing club.

I'm not going to be able to stray too much for visits as I'll be without a car and I'll only have NY day off anyway. But I'd love to catch up with anyone that can drop in.

Cheers

Steve