View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 03:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B 289
Not Ranked     
Default 97 titled as an AC

Had been wanting a Cobra ever since my dad talked me out of an original 427 back in the early 70's. Have owned varions sports cars since then, Tr's, an Alfa or three, Jag or two, couple of Lotus's (would that be loti?), an original Shelby Mustang #456, and an Avanti to name a few. Been sports-car-less for the past 19 years or so, and felt it was time to rectify that deplorable condition.

Bought my B&B on Ebay without knowing the maker, but the pics seemed to indicate a quality product and workmanship. Was not disappointed when it got here. British racing green with black interior, no stripes, chrome side pipes, and all AC badging. Looks very period and I think that it is gonna fool lotsa folks. Specially after it gets the fog lamps and Moto Lita Ace steering wheel. Motor is only a 289, but that was what I was really after. The history on this car has been lost (been thru Lots of owners) so no idea what is inside that motor, but I am sure that it is enough to get me going faster that I want to go quicker than I want to get there. lol.

Plans are to fit a top and tonneau, change out the worn rack, get the electrics sorted (basically nothing works except the starter and distributor) and install side pipe guards. Can't say enough good about the folks at B&B. Even though I haven't spent a dime yet (Don't worry, I will) everybody there is more than willing to answer all of the dumb questions I have been able to come up with.

I want to thank everybody on this site for all of the information that I have gathered in the time since I decided to take the plunge. Three or four months of looking and reading really paid off in my being able to make a great decision. Thanx again,

Pat