View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347stroker View Post
Sorry I don't know what happened. As I was saying they have no authority to impose a financial hardship such as the DPF on everyone who wants to truck in California. There are several parts of my anatomy that Moonbeam can kiss. They will realize too late that they have screwed up when the produce is rotting and the backup of goods is out of control. Please don't take this as an anti- California rant because I have great friends there I just can't stand the politicians. Just ask the valley farmers about the delta smelt. That is if you can find any. Panavia I know they have alway been nuts!!
First of all the rules have been relaxed.

"Truckers and construction company officials mostly praised the new rules, which will cost 60% less than the original regulations. "Four of every 10 construction workers in California have lost their jobs," said Michael Kennedy, general counsel of the Associated General Contractors of America. "It is difficult to revisit decisions already made. This is an example of good government."

California eases diesel soot crackdown - Los Angeles Times

"The air board's crackdown on diesel has had strong political support, especially in such neighborhoods as those around the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, where diesel fumes are blamed for high rates of asthma and cancer."

Saving people's lives, especially the financially-disadvantaged that live near these diesel fumes costs money.