View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ?????
Not Ranked     

Hi doc

Great to see someone else getting a build going. Are you planning to paint the body or keep the gel coat exposed?

Cheers

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc View Post
I'll chime in with my experience to date having started my build a few weeks ago -

1. The car was delivered a few weeks late after Craig quoted a 4 month wait. No big deal at all. The body is immaculate and beautifully constructed. 95% of the components for the basic kit were with the car at the time of pickup so Iw as very happy.

2. The kit comes with a very handy set of hardware containers all nicely labelled. There have been a few issues with missing nuts and bolts - all fairly minor and Craig very willing to rectify having replied to an email on Xmas day and coming into the factory to find missing nuts on boxing day.

3. The build manual will be very comprehensive when completed (200+ pages). At this stage however it is being updated regularly but is not finished. For a non tradesman like myself I will need a fairly complete manual to finish the car. Sections on steering rack and brakes not yet finished so I may not be rolling/steering for a month or two yet. Again Craig promises regular updates which Im sure will come but it may be a little harder for those not building their car under the close supervision of Craigs team in the factory to complete the build as quickly as Brad has at this point in time.

4. I have to say what I have put together goes together very well.. no problems at all.

5. The comprehensive components do take time to arrive and the payments are upfront. Perhaps there have been some delays over christmas new year with suppliers. Im waiting on quite a few of the "big ticket" items such as windscreens and wheels etc still to come. I would not expect significant delays with these parts as they should have been ordered on payment a month ago but only time will tell. Components that have arrived are very high quality.

Happy to discuss progress with any other builders around the country