View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 03:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Hewey, there are no finished driving examples yet. The first customer kits were delivered last year and we have supplied them at a discounted price to owners as a reward for their faith in us.

We do not have a finished demo car. We are certainly doing the best we can to complete one and assist our owners finishing their kits as fast as possible.

The level we have designed and constructed this kit to does not unfortunately lead to quick prototyping of parts to build a demo quickly. What would be the point of building a demo car that does not use production level parts? Due to the resources it would take to produce it, we decided to extend the reach and extent of our computer aided testing and prototyping.

For example to produce the chassis units to the level we required needed a production facility setup and expert fabricators employed. It is unfortunately not something you can turn off, so the facility has been continuing to produce parts.

Same goes for body to get it to the level required. We have built our own composite shop.

From our experience we could not produce these main components to the required level if we outsourced the manufacture.

We also needed to manufacture an extensive body fitment jig to fit the bodies to the accuracy we required.

And then we have the volume manufactured parts we have designed for the PACE 427. The prototype parts are not suitable for use, so we need a full production run to get a single usable part. Some of our minimum production runs are hundreds of parts.

And it takes time to sample off-the-shelf part suppliers and find parts at the required level of quality. e.g. windscreens. We have these being produced for us now at the quality required.

Our PACE 427 build manual is already 186 pages long, full colour with some fold out A3 sized exploded diagrams. Also contains 100's of high resolution images for the DVD. We are working on it in conjunction with our manuals for our other products, so a work in progress.

I am blessed to have a passionate team and we certainly appreciate the support we have received. The current difficult economic times makes it even more difficult to bring a product of this level to market. We are just performing the finishing touches and result has exceeded our expectations. So we expect our customers should be satisfied as well.

Attached a page from our build manual, enjoy.