Thread: Goodbye Kansas
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 10:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

Well we are going to fab a plate the size of the square hole we cut out. It will be welded to the top of the frame rail at the middle of the rail and along the bottom of the plate at the rail intersect and gusseted in three locations. The plate will have several holes threaded so we can unbolt the pedal assembly and move them forward and backward. The Tilton set up has a bell crank on the gas pedal. Am looking at moving that to the front of the foot box and devise a longitudinal linkage that can easily be shortened and lengthened as necessary to span between the pedal and the bell crank.

I am short and have small feet and cannot get the cockpit to fit me as I need. I want the seat back close to the roll bar so I can install a head support on the bar. Having the seat close to the rear bulkhead also helps with keeping the belts properly positioned. In order for this to work the pedals need to come forward to the 5 rivets (?) you can see on the floor board. I sat in it tonight with the pedal assembly pulled forward and it was the first time I immediately felt at home. It is still a bit of a crap shoot because the steering column is not installed, but my old seating position left me jammed against the wheel with still some struggle to reach the pedals. Heel and toe with the Tiltons is right there and the pedal faces are all adjustable right to left. I can really dial in a relaxed position.

I am some concerned about the Pedal ratio. Does anyone know the ERA ratio? The Tilton is adjustable from 5.25 to 5.75 and we have it set for 5.75.

Perhaps fab an alum cover that provides for some kind of adjustable heel stop.

Nice thing it is modular.

chr