View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane - FE
Not Ranked     
Default Tailpipe Adapter

I purchased the tailpipe adapter for my LM-2 and have had mixed success with it.

With just the standard unit, I had very poor readings due to reversion - sucking oxygen back into the exhaust and corrupting the sensor reading.

I found another site (Daytona Sensors) who modified their sensor a number of different ways. I took this in mind and added a 12" piece of copper tube on the end of the Innovate adapter. This put the sampling point further into the sidepipe. It solved the O2 contamination from reversion but the sampling still isn't as good as the port in the collector.

I spoke to Innovate personnel at the PRI show about this modification and they said it would help but not solve the problem. I questioned the length and they said it wouldn't have any affect on the signal. I plan to length the tube as much as I can.

The next issue I ran into is the clamping method is not real positive. It uses a thumb screw which I don't want to tighten down on my ceramic coated side pipe. I tried a plastic cap so as to not scratch them but that didn't work. They soften with heat and do not hold firm. The curve of the pipe outlet adds to the problem. I will continue to address this, there has to be a way.

Paul