View Single Post
Old 03-30-2002, 09:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous ERA owner on break
Not Ranked     

Well, that's very good input, and I thank you for that. I know several folks who have them, and they seem to be divided into two camps. Some think that Optimas are the greatest thing to come along since canned beer, and the others are agreeing with you because of failures. I was gravitating towards the Optima because the "Orange top" model has the little feet to clamp the battery down in the tray, and I wouldn't have to do any modification on the battery tray. The other option is to drill a couple of holes and install a set of J-clamps but I didn't want to do that unless it was necessary. I talked with the ERA folks and they are using the Optima Orange Top now, but installing them in the trunk instead of in the engine compartment like on my car.

What about the Exide "Select" version? I understand from some of the local dealers that they have stopped carrying Optima and are featuring the Exide Select, which I understand to be similar "spiral wrap" technology. Anybody have experience with them? Thanks in advance.