View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Thanks Simon did later note your Melbourne location, not sure why I thought NSW but all's good.

And yes Mando with the boat still returning from WA I've had a very successful last week off work on the car.

As of yesterday I had both left and right front mud-guard wiring notionally laid out in place and had started to add extensions to some of the loom until I realised I really needed the loom fairly accurately located.

Because of the thick bodywork I decided I'd create large access holes through the firewall and rear of the wheel arches to run the loom up under the highest point along each side guard.

To cover these holes I am attaching SS rings which also hold the rubber grommets through which the looms pass. It is easier to find grommets to fit over 1.6 - 2 mm SS than 10+ mm fibreglass.

Anyway I now just have to finish mounting the LH wheel arch SS ring and grommet and sikaflex my loom mounting tabs on the LH guard and can then recommence running all the wiring to length.

With this work done there is a little work needed on the engine loom and I am almost about there.

I'll then test the wiring system to confirm whether everything is good to go.

Once it is all good I'll re-wrap up the loom and will be ready for an engine start.

I am very happy with the progress and it is keeping me motivated to continue.

Cheers

Slo