View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Some pics of the few things I've done lately. Sorry for the bad Iphone pics, I forget how bad the things are in low light.

Here is the passenger side headers temporarily bolted to the block. I used the stock headers, cut the header plate off and about an inch of the pipes, angled them in a bit more and welded them up to a new header plate. Not the neatest weld but due to shortening the pipes I had an 8mm gap to weld up on two of them (they were now lower on the plate if that makes sense). Really not worried TBH because it lets me use the stock cat and it cost me only $60 for a set of header plates instead of $1000+ to have headers made. Still hoping to make good live sidepipe headers one day, for now this will be fine.

Will do the same for the drivers side. They still need to be painted obviously. Wonder if I can find a header paint that wont turn black after the first week?

You can kinda get a feel for how much further back the motor is now, there'll be better pics to follow down the track. It sits about 140mm away from the firewall now instead of 200 and sits about 30mm lower.