View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

Thanks for that mate

I spent the morning yesterday bench testing parts, unplugging and checking connectors, compression, timing, earths and anything else that I could think of.

The engine would cough now and then but not start. So I left it for a couple of hours (to regain my patience) then turned the key and it started. I left to idle then ran it a bit harder for 15 minutes, took it off the trailer and went for a short blat down the road. It didn't stop at least but it's not real happy, missing under acceleration.

So, I'm contemplating my next move........maybe ditch the Mmy Sspark Ddisappeared stuff, but as Ash has noted the Mallory still gave him grief or spend real money and talk to a tuner about Autronic or similar.

I've been quietly thinking about a stroker, not that it's related to my current issues but the bottom end is untouched on a 20+ year old engine with unknown km and now Chris L has got me all excited on his 331cu post.

You gotta ask yourself tho are you throwing good money after bad. I guess the whole topend incl the Massflo setup is new so with a nice new block and rotating assembly you end up with a new engine

All i need is a decent engine builder that can fit me in. Any recommendations that isn't 100 miles away? Chunk.........