Thread: Goodbye Kansas
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 11:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

On hacking - we have a really nice place to work on the car. As I was leaving last night I went into take one more look and the lights were off except one overhead so I took some pictures - a Cobra is such a beautiful machine.

We are building a new fuel door - [Carrol Smith - Tune to Win - external aero]. I should pull the lift a dots, but can't bring myself to do it.

Started seat mounting yesterday. As you can see all of the wiring is being moved to the glove box with modern fuses. The ammeter goes. I had British Sports cars as a kid and I just can't have all of that current running thru the dash.

Shocks rotated outboard [Carrol Smith - Tune to Win - Suspension] Still have to scrub out the wheel houses.

I plan to run a clean firewall except for the vintage puke tank.

So I got screwed on this door. I do not know what kind of mastic was used here but it is mean. If anyone has an idea for removal that would preserve the paint please share - as I've now I plan to have it refinished which is a real bummer because the car was originally purchased as a roller and ERA's body assembly is beautiful. I just hate to mess with it which is why I have not. I keep thinking the universe will provide a solution.